Your health, your choice -a rash
-hypotension (low blood pressure) when given in hospital by infusion (a continuous drip of medicine into a vein in your arm)
-liver and kidney damage, when taken at higher-than-recommended doses (overdose)
In extreme cases the liver damage that can result from a paracetamol overdose can be fatal.
Make sure you take paracetamol as directed on the label or as instructed by a health professional. Unless instructed otherwise, do not take more than 4 doses of paracetamol within 24 hours.
If you think that you have taken too much paracetamol, contact your GP or another health professional immediately.
Paracetamol can also be associated with blood disorders, such as thrombocytopenia (low platelet count) and leukopenia (low number of white blood cells), but this is extremely rare.
Paracetamol, taken at recommended doses, is not known to interfere with your ability to drive.